Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused




If I totaled up all the photos I’ve taken of my pets,  I’d surely have more blurry images than focused ones. It usually takes two of three shots to get what I was going for and often by then the moment has passed. When I got a new kitten last spring, I don’t think I got a clear photo of him for at least three months. The photo above was taken when he was about eight weeks old and was looking particularly cute lying on my bed, next to the dog’s face. By the time I said “Oh my gosh, how cute!” and grabbed the camera, the dog had made the mistake of moving his head which prompted the kitten to launch himself onto it. That’s one thing I enjoy about having a house full of pets, there’s always movement and evidence of life, even in the quiet moments. I've never lived in a home without a pet for more than a month or two at a time, even in college housing I had a parakeet. It's just part of who I am. And so I'll always have a bunch of blurry semi cute photos of animals mingled in my photo library because I usually don't want to part with them, but hey it worked out for me this time!

1 comment: