Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Recent Guest

         Recently I was happy to have the chance to participate in a pretty cool project. I have a FaceBook friend who is an elementary school teacher in Pennsylvania. Several months back, she asked me if I'd be willing to have a "flat visitor". Her students had apparently been reading Flat Stanley books (click here if you don't know the story of Flat Stanley) and had created flat versions of themselves to mail to various locations. As the recipient of a flat student, my job was to show them around a place they'd never been and document it with photos I would then email to the teacher so the real student could see their travels.
          I was very excited when Flat Katie arrived but quickly realized it would be difficult to find the right times to take her out and about due to her size (she was almost as tall as me and had long limbs that like to flap in the Montana wind!). I managed to take her hiking once


and for a walk in our neighborhood


        I finally sent Flat Katie home shortly after Memorial Day and was pleased to hear the kids had enjoyed the photos and the letter I had sent. It was fun for me to share a little bit of this beautiful space I live in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment