Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Dave Matthews Band


I know I've written about this subject before, but there really isn't a better D topic for me! I have a hard time finding the right words to describe how I feel about Dave Matthews Band. I think it's just one of those things there aren't really words for.

Some of today's post is copied & pasted from a blog I posted in May of 2012 when doing a "First Loves Challenge".

 Anyone who knows me at all can tell you I’m a pretty big fan of Mr. Matthews and his band. Actually I don’t usually like referring to myself as a fan because it reminds me of people who say they’re a huge fan of cheeseburgers or chick flicks and it’s just not the same. The best comparison I’ve come up with is to say that Dave Matthews Band’s music is like religion to me. That may seem blasphemous but I don’t mean it that way at all. These men and their music have been in my life for 17 years, which is exactly half the time I've been alive, and they have provided me with a soundtrack through some of the most wonderful and terrible times of my life. They've been a constant in my life during many years when everything else was changing. I’ve seen them in concert 24 times. The most fun I ever had at one of those concerts was when I went by myself and was in the 2nd row. I’ve met them once and have their FireDancer logo tattooed on by back. Many amazing people have come into my life through a mutual love of DMB’s music and I'm grateful for that.




Me with Dave Matthews and Boyd Tinsley in May 1998


No comments:

Post a Comment