Friday, April 29, 2016

Yes Please by Amy Poehler


Since Tina Fey's book is on my list, I suppose it's not a surprise that Amy Poehler's is here as well. These women are two of my personal heroes and just about anything they do makes me happy!

I rushed to read Amy's book when it came out because I knew it would be hilarious and honest. That it is. What struck me most is her how her positivity shines through on every page. This is not a standard memoir or typical comedian's book of collected bits. It's part memoir, part self-help and 100% funny inspiration!

If you  haven't read the hard cover version of this book, you need to. Even if you've read it on Kindle or listened to audio. You can't miss out on these awesome photos and gorgeous glossy pages. They bring Amy's personality to the page and give her words extra meaning.



Amy tells her story honestly and gracefully. She reminds us it's okay to get pissed off or disappointed but it's important to still be kind and grateful. 

Much like with Tina Fey, I feel that Amy Poehler is a kindred spirit. At times I felt I was reading wise words written especially for me from a best friend! My favorite lines from the book are probably these  "The only way we will survive is by being kind. The only way we can get by in this world is through the help we receive from others." That's something I could have written myself! It's reassuring to hear these words from a woman who has fought hard for her success and remains humble. Do yourself a favor and read this book!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun, inspiring book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All time great! I actually don't lend my hardcover copy because I just like to hold it in it's original unblemished splendor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful book. And I love the pages you've posted as examples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, Ramona and thanks for visiting me at The Doglady's Den. ☺ Amy and Tina are both hilarious! I love reading biographies and will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete