Monday, April 29, 2013

Y is for YouTube

If I'm feeling sad, stressed or angry, whether it's after a rough day at work or I'm sick or just worn out emotionally, there is one thing that can always break the tension and cheer me up: funny YouTube videos. I have a few marked as my favorites that will make me laugh every time, no matter what is going on with me that day.

I've always felt a special fondness for YouTube because one of it's founders, Chad Hurley, was a year ahead of me at the high school I went to in Pennsylvania. I didn't know him but just because we came from the same place, I can't help but feel a little pride.

At this point, I know YouTube is filled with and capable of much more than funny videos. I've used it to watch videos on roller derby skills, cooking and crafts. It's become a part of our culture now, the go-to place for instructions and information. I certainly appreciate that part of it as well.

As I worked on my posts this month, I knew that YouTube would be my subject for Y so I've been trying to decide which video is my absolute favorite and deserved to be posted. It's a difficult task. I figure I should go with one that's G Rated, in the event anyone is reading my posts at work or around their kiddos. So here's one that never fails to make me laugh. Enjoy!




1 comment: