Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Anything

Listen up here, lesson number one: Anything could happen. You can do anything you want to. Anything. Yes. It's true!

It doesn't always feel that way, but if life teaches all of us any one lesson, it's this one.

I joined a roller derby team despite the fact that I didn't know how to roller skate! Not only did I learn to skate but I learned to play the game and eventually made the roster to play in bouts. Derby taught me that I can literally do anything I want to.

I know what Monsters thoughts can be: That would never happen to me or I'd never do such a thing or the torture of asking ourselves What if? What if? What if? My default setting for responding to life's unpredictability is to over think every possible scenario in an effort to be prepared. That's not only exhausting but has proved to be ineffective and I'm still blindsided from time to time. We can't predict others' actions, and one can never truly know how they would respond to a specific situation until they are facing it.

It's impossible to be prepared for anything that might come my way. Learning to go with the flow has been one of my biggest personal goals in recent years and has been quite a challenge! I remind myself that while I don't know for sure what's going to happen next, I do I know that I'll be okay.

I'm not writing about songs in all of my A to Z entries again this year but I had to include this song here because it was my inspiration for this post. I've discovered that I can't feel low while listening to this song. It's a beautiful reminder of how much possibility lies ahead of me, plus I just love the sound! It makes me feel empowered and hopeful. I've found it to be a particularly awesome song to listen to during a solo drive on the open highway!




2 comments:

  1. Great post to start the challenge! I've never heard this song before... thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have a 5 acre cider orchard in my life. That's my "anything." It's gonna happen. Smooches friend, smooches.

    ReplyDelete