Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Zest


Today is the final day of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. It also happens to be the letter that has stumped me the most when it comes to a topic! Even as I sat down to write today's post, I hadn't fully decided which word I was going to go with.

I have a list of 22 Z words that I came up with during my brain storming process. I sat with it for several minutes, my eyes stopping on each word and the one the jumped out at my the most was zest.

I went to my trusted Roget's Thesaurus for synonyms for zest and found this spectacular list: relish, gusto, enjoyment, pleasure, delight, good appetite, enthusiasm, cheer, delectation, satisfaction, happiness. I read all those words and thought Yep, that's all me! and so my word for today was chosen!

I think I can safely say that I have a zest for life. It has taken me into my thirties to get a point where I am comfortable with the fact that I like to live my life for myself and have fun. Even if that means I "don't act my age" and do things like wait in line with a bunch of children to have my photo taken with a mascot, wear clothes meant for younger folks and dress my dogs in funny hats!







So today's life lesson is: Have fun! Live your life with zest! Whatever that looks like to you is okay!



P.S. Bonus points if by now you are singing the jingle "You're not fully clean unless you're zest-fully clean!"

1 comment:

  1. I was indeed enjoying that jingle in my head, so thanks. I think that dressing your age is BS. Different people can rock different styles, so I think a rule of dressing for your personality, instead of your age, is more appropriate. Stay zesty! (We made it through another A to Z!)

    ReplyDelete