Friday, April 10, 2015

I is for Ice Cream



Shortly after I started dating my other half, a little convenience store opened up in the subdivision where he lived, where we now live together. Pop's Country Store has expanded its inventory a bit since then but they have all the basics you might need when you get home from the grocery store only to realize you forgot something, or if you're in the middle of cooking dinner when you realize the milk you're about to use is spoiled! "Do you think Pop's would have it?" is a frequent question in our home, when the batteries die in the remote or the hot dog buns I pulled out of the breadbox are moldy. 

The most mentionable item that Pop's has served since it first opened is ice cream. Local Wilcoxson's brand hand scooped ice cream. You can choose a sugar cone or a bowl. I'm a cone gal!

My first outing after my concussion was a walk to Pop's
Having this treat less than a mile from home has reinforced the life lesson I already knew, which is: Ice cream makes anything better. Grief, joy, pain both physical and emotional, all are improved after a walk to Pop's!


Charlie waiting patiently at Pop's





3 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I love this! And I love that Charlie can go along with you. I even like your ice cream choices (mint chocolate chip and strawberry with chocolate?) Either way... I now want ice cream. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I love ice cream, any time of the year is good for ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum with the ice cream; thankfully I only enjoy it when it is really hot outside :)
    betty

    ReplyDelete